Friday, October 30, 2015

Boxing the cable controls cutout.





I built a box around the cable control cutout in the deck before installing the deck so I could have access to the underside of the plywood to put screws into the box. I used left over 1/2″ plywood I had from cutting out the deck. For fasteners I used 1″ stainless steel screws for the sides and 2″ stainless screws for the bottom to attach the box to the deck plywood.  I also used Loctite brand premium 3X PL construction adhesive on all the seams to water proof the box. So no water can get in to the hull. The box's dimensions are 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ x 24″. It is all sealed inside and out with polyester resin. I will eventually install a metal screen to keep the critters from making a home in the hull and cut the box's height down to something closer to the height of the gunwales.



Sorry just the one picture I forgot to take them while I was building the box.



No comments:

Post a Comment