Saturday, October 24, 2015

Cleaning and preping the hull.

 


I went ahead and pressure washed the hull in preparation for the final fitting of the bulkheads and glassing in the fiberglass tabbing. The hull needs to be clean and dust free so the polyester resin can get a good mechanical bond and hold those bulkheads in place, my fishing buddies are 300lbers and after all this is a catamaran it will see plenty of big chop and waves.


Notice the lip of the old deck that was left around the entire circumference of the inside of the hull. I will use this to align the bulkhead oak beam heights this will insure I end up with a level and straight decking. The new deck will lay on this lip.


 

2 comments:

  1. Just starting the same type of job on my 98 Nautico much like what you have done. I have removed everything from the deck including gas tank, console, tee top, poling platform front and rear decks. What is the best way to remove the existing and rotting deck? I had planned to just take circular saw and start cutting it out. Is that the right approach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Florida Catamaran, it looks like we are starting the same job at about the same time. I'm really glad to have found this thread. My deck is very soft in the aft third and starting to pull away from the transom. I love the ride and size of the boat and look forward to having it fixed up. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete