Friday, October 30, 2015

Taping the deck perimeter.




Today I taped the deck perimeter. Was a pretty quick job, Just cut a bunch of 17 Oz. 1708 Bi axle fiberglass fabric about 6-8″ wide. Enough for the whole perimeter of the deck. Wet the areas place the fiberglass mat side out. and wet the fabric sufficiently so the glass becomes almost clear to very opaque. Rinse repeat till you have the whole deck done.



I forgot to take a picture of the deck with only tape so I colored in the areas, I colored in the area that doesn’t get the tape. Just 3″ up the wall and 3″ on the deck is plenty The purpose is to mechanically tie the deck to the hull walls. It will make the gunwales very ridged.







Here is a picture of a taped deck I found on the internet I am sure you get the idea what is suppose to be done here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment