Friday, October 30, 2015

Cutting out the deck wood.




I cut the wood before I did the grinding of the deck plywood. So you wont see the sanded hull in these pictures. But all the grinding is now done.







I used cardboard boxes to make templates for each piece of plywood. I cut 4 – 4’x8′ sheets of marine 1/2″ plywood out to cover the entire deck. I used a jig saw to cut the plywood and the sheets are laid from port to starboard, the long way across the plywood. The plywood is stronger in this direction you don’t want a seam running down the center of the deck.




 




In this last picture you will see a cutout for the cable controls under the center console. This cutout will be boxed and all seams water proofed to keep water from entering the hull, if water were ever to come over the sides or for torrential rains while the boat is docked.







No comments:

Post a Comment